So to keep you guys pre-occupied and entertained during this quarantine I've put together a horror quiz. I've tried to include a wide range of horror with some easy and relatively hard questions.
The answers will be posted 2pm Sunday 19th April 2020. So you've got a few days to give it a go. Play by yourself, with others in your household or even via video chat with friends or family you can't see at the moment. Most of all enjoy yourselves. Good luck!
1. What is Michael Myers choice of weapon?
2. The Exorcist was banned for how many years in the UK?
3. What was the first animatronic creature Tom Savini created? And which film was it for?
4. Which was the first Stephen King book adapted into a film?
5. Name the summer camp the characters attend in 80s slasher Sleepaway Camp.
6. Who was the first actor to play Hannibal Lecter?
7. Despite being a major part of the film, the shark (Bruce) only has limited screen time during the film. How many minutes screen time does the shark have in Jaws?
8. What was used to replicate blood for the infamous shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho?
9. Who said the line "Choke on 'em!" In George A. Romero's Day of the Dead?
10. Who portrayed the iconic character Ash Williams?
11. Gunnar Hansen originally turned down the role of Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Who convinced him to accept the role?
12. The Walking Dead was a comicbook series before it was adapted into a hit TV show. Which three people created The Walking Dead?
13. Marty (Finn Jones) & Allie (Emily Berrington) are attending a screening of what film in The Last Showing?
14. Who wrote Scream?
15. Which 'Scream Queen' served as one of the make-up crew (with her husband) on The Cabin in the Woods?
16. Who performed the title song for the 1989 adaptation of Pet Sematary?
17. What film was Jordan Peele's directorial debut?
18. The Babadook has gone on to become somewhat of an icon for what community?
19. Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga play which real-life paranormal investigation couple in The Conjuring Universe?
20. How many Friday the 13th films have there been? (Excluding fan films and including Freddy vs Jason)
21. The real-life Annabelle doll is different to the one seen on film. True or False?
22. Which special effects artist made his directorial debut in 1988 with Pumpkinhead?
23. What year was the Academy Award (Oscar) for 'Best Make-Up' category introduced? And what was the first film to win it?
24. Stan Winston did the effects for which 1993 action-adventure film?
25. Before it was made into a film by Hitchock, Psycho was a novel. Who wrote the 1959 novel?
26. Who originally played the titular character in Predator?
27. Which Star Wars actor also played Frankenstein for Hammer Horror?
28. Character Peter Vincent in Fright Night is named after which two horror icons?
29. What is the name of the novel Hellraiser is based on?
30. What insect is associated with Tony Todd's Candyman?
31. What was the name of the deadly rollercoaster in Final Destination 3?
32. How many alternate endings were shot for Saw II?
33. What year did the original King Kong come out?
34. Due to his various roles and make-up skills Lon Chaney was also known as what? Clue - It was also the name of a 1957 film based on Chaney starring James Cagney.
35. Dracula has been portrayed in less than 200 films. True or False?
36. What was the title of Tim Burton's first ever short film for Disney?
37. To date, how many Sharknado films have there been?
38. According to Mayor Larry Vaughn in Jaws, what does Amity mean?
39. Which cast member made their feature film debut in Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses?
40. Which 1931 film kick-started the series of Universal Monsters movies?
41. Charles Lee Ray is which character's real name?
42. What was the name of the hotel in The Shining?
43. Ten days after Cannibal Holocaust premiered in Milan, Italian courts seized the film and director Ruggero Deodato was arrested. He was charged with obscenity and what else?
44. When Sacha Baron Cohen auditioned for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, he sang the entire score to what musical?
45. As set out in Gremlins, what are the three rules that must be followed when caring for a Mogwai?
46. The character Sam went on to become a fan favourite after appearing in Michael Doughtery's Trick 'r Treat. But where did he first appear?
47. What was the name of the drug given to characters in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors & Freddy vs Jason to stop them from dreaming?
48. Which Lord of the Rings actor has appeared in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise?
49. King of the Zombies, George A. Romero kick started his series of zombie films with what film?
50. Name the two actors that have portrayed Pennywise the Dancing Clown.
51. What are the names of the vampire hunting siblings played by Corey Feldman & Jamison Newlander in The Lost Boys?
52. Who composed the iconic 'Tubular Bells' for The Exorcist?
53. Which real-life killer inspired the characters Norman Bates, Leatherface & Jame Gumb?
54. Hooked On Horror was created in what year?
55. How many musical numbers are in the 1986 film Little Shop of Horrors?
56. How much money does Quint demand to catch and kill the shark in Jaws?
57. In 1995 Mel Brooks spoofed a classic vampire story starring Leslie Nelison. What was the title of the film?
58. "Send... more... paramedics." is a line from which 80s horror film?
59. Who directed the hit music video 'Michael Jackson's Thriller'?
60. Which two people voiced Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
61. Which University does Tree attend in Blumhouse's Happy Death Day?
62. Blumhouse Producer Ryan Turek regularly hosts what podcast?
63. What film did Winona Ryder drop out of to appear in Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands?
64. Throughout Eight Legged Freaks Harlan (Doug E. Doug) believes the spiders are what?
65. How many real snakes were used in the making of Snakes on a Plane?
66. How many giant ants were constructed for the 1954 creature feature Them?
67. Which cast members in The Rocky Horror Picture Show reprised their roles from the original stage production?
68. Which horror-comedy character lived through the black plague and has seen The Exorcist about a hundred and sixty-seven times?
69. Who was originally meant to be cast as Winston Zeddemore in Ghostbusters?
70. Can you name, in order, every season of American Horror Story?
71. Kate Siegel plays a character with two impairments in home invasion horror Hush. What are they?
72. What instrument do Charlotte (Allison Williams) & Lizzie (Logan Browning) play in Netflix's The Perfection?
73. What three things were used to create the blood in Sam Raimi's 1981 classic, The Evil Dead?
74. The same CGI animators/effects artists that worked on the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street worked on which DC Superhero film?
75. Rob Bottin was how old when he begun work on John Carpenter's The Thing?
76. Name the four original house members in 2014 vampire mockumentary What We Do In The Shadows.
77. Which two actors have been killed by an Alien (Xenomorph), Predator and Terminator?
78. Camille Keaton, star of video-nasty I Spit on Your Grave, is Buster Keaton's niece. True or False?
79. Who directed the original 1977 classic The Hills Have Eyes?
80. Who played the iconic Tall Man in Phantasm?
81. Which two well known celebrities do Bruce Campbell & Ossie Davis play in Bubba Ho-Tep ?
82. The story for Re-Animator came from a short story by which famous horror author?
83. What film did Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson make his first big screen appearance unrelated to wrestling?
84. What do the press nickname the serial killer in The Silence of the Lambs?
85. Name the author of the infamous Goosebumps books.
86. Who were the killers in Scream 2?
87. Name the slasher movie the characters are sucked in to during The Final Girls.
88. Can you name all three films in the blood and ice cream trilogy, in order?
89. Name the film from the synopsis: A group of people are trapped in an elevator and the Devil is mysteriously amongst them.
90. How many hours did it take in the make-up chair to transform an actor into 'A Crazy' for the 2010 remake of The Crazies?
91. The vampires in 30 Days of Night speak a language that was specifically made for the film. True or False?
92. Who was the original choice to play Jim in Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later?
93. A Quiet Place contains approximately how many lines of spoken dialogue?
94. Otis' line "I am The Devil and I am here to do the Devil's work" in The Devil's Rejects is a slightly altered version of a quote spoken by which Manson Family member?
95. What is the name of the summer camp Wednesday and Pugsley Addams attend in The Addams Family Values?
96. Who played 'The Bride' in the Universal Monsters classic The Bride of Frankenstein?
97. Captain Elliott Spencer went on to become who?
98. In which film do two of the main characters sing Britney Spears 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' with a zombie?
99. "He's heavy for half a guy." is a line from what film?
100. What is the name of the goat in The VVitch?
Hope you enjoyed the quiz folks. Answers will be posted this Sunday.