Hope you enjoyed yesterday's quiz, I'm working on my stuff for you guys that should bring a huge smile to your face. Be sure to tune into HalloweenAtHome tonight on Twitter. You can find all the info on it here. Time to find out how you did on The Ultimate Halloween Quiz then...
The Ultimate Halloween Quiz (Answers)
Art by Bryan Zap
1. A many people portrayed Michael Myers in the original 1978 classic? Six people in total played The Shape in Carpenter's original classic. They were Nick Castle, Tony Moran, John Carpenter, Tommy Lee Wallace, James Winburn and Debra Hill. In an interview, Tony Moran claimed that the reason why Michael Myers was played by more than one actor, was because they could only use those who were available on each day of filming. 2. Which horror actor who went on to become an icon actually worked as a crew member on the film? Robert Englund of the A Nightmare on Elm Street film series revealed in an interview that John Carpenter had him throw bags of dead leaves on set for one day. 3. Before a Captain Kirk death mask was chosen as the Myers mask, a mask of what other Star Trek character was considered? A mask of Spock was briefly considered along with masks of Richard Nixon and Emmett Kelly. 4. What was the name of the the club advertised on Nurse Marion Chambers matchbook? The Rabbit in Red Lounge
5. How many injuries does Michael sustain from Laurie? Three in total. Michael takes a sewing needle in the neck, a coat hanger in the eye and gets stabbed in the stomach with his own knife.
6. Which comedic actor made a his feature film debut in the film? Dana Carvey, better known as Garth in Wayne's World, appeared briefly as a news assistant in the film. 7. Due to the violence and nudity in the film, it was originally banned in which two places? The film was banned in Iceland and West Germany, and later banned on video in Norway. 8. What was the full name of the hospital Laure is taken to in the film? HMH- Haddonfield Memorial Hospital. 9. Dick Warlock did stunts for which cast member in Steven Spielberg's Jaws?
He was Richard Dreyfuss' stunt double in Jaws. It was pretty him in the cage as Hooper with the shark attacks him.
10. Which 1954 song featured in the film? And who performed it Mr. Sandman performed by The Chordettes.
Halloween III: The Season of the Witch
11. Who voiced the Silver Shamrock commercials in the film? The film's writer/director Tommy Lee Wallace 12. Which two cast members are the only two to be in the first three Halloween films? Jamie Lee Curtis- she played Laurie Strode in the first and second film. In the third she was the operator voice Challis keeps getting whenever he tries to call from Santa Mira. Nancy Kyes- played Annie in the first two films. She voiced Alice's friend on the phone in Halloween II as well, and she was Linda Challis in Season of the Witch 13. Who was originally going to direct the film? Gremlins and The Howling director Joe Dante was originally chosen before he moved on to another project and Wallace took over. 14. How many times throughout the film is the Silver Shamrock theme song played? The Silver Shamrock theme was played a total of 14 times in the movie: four times at the gas station, once at Linda Challis' home; once at the hospital, once in the bar, twice on the television screens in the shop window, twice on the radio, once in the motel office, once in test room A, and once in the final admittance area. 15. What did the film makers use for the liquid coming from the robots' mouths? The fluid coming out of the robots' mouths is in fact orange juice.
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
16. What was the name of Jamie Lloyd's dog? Sundae, was actually the third dog to be killed in the series. 17. Who was Jamie originally going to stab to death at the end of the film? The original ending had Rachel go upstairs to take a shower and replace the dirty, blood-stained clothes she was wearing only to have Jamie sneak up behind her and stab her to death. This scene was later changed to Darlene Caruthers.
18. George P. Wilbur's favourite kill in the film is what? George P. Wilbur (Michael Myers) has said in an interview that his favorite kill in the movie is when he kills Kelly Meeker (Kathleen Kinmont) by pinning her to the wall with the shotgun. 19. Halloween 4 was Danielle Harris' second feature film. True or false? False. This film was in fact her feature film debut. 20. What were painted to pass as pumpkins in the film? Squash were painted to look like pumpkkns during the film.
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
21. This film was the lowest grossing film in the series. True or False?
True, it was the lowest grossing film in the entire franchise.
22. Who portrayed the infamous 'Man in Black' for the majority of the film?
Don Shanks revealed in an interview that many of the scenes involving the man in black had him playing the character, because of speculation that he was a blood relative of Michael Myers. He also admitted that even the writers had not yet decided the man in black's identity.
23. What halloween costume does Jamie wear in the film?
Danielle Harris was dressed as a Princess.
24. Don Shanks was originally meant to wear the same mask worn by George P. Wilbur in the previous film. Why was the Myers mask changed?
The mask did not fit Shanks, so a new one was made.
25. Donald Pleasence accidentally injured which fellow cast member during filming?
Whilst shooting a scene he accidentally hit Don Shanks in the nose, breaking it. As a result, they had to cut out the nose of the mask and add on a paper thin nose cut off of another H5 mask. The edges of the nose appliance can be seen clearly in a lot of the film.
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
26. What was the films original title? The film originally had the title 'Halloween 666: The Origin of Michael Myers'. 27. Most of the cast and crew disowned the film. True or false? On the Halloween: 25 Years of Terror DVD, they stated that the studio, producers, and director interfered and argued to the point of ridiculousness which resulted in a very poorly directed and edited film. 28. Who suggested the film be called The Curse of Michael Myers? And why? Writer Daniel Farrands suggested the title due to the troubled production. 29. What is the name of the cult lead by Dr. Wynn? They were called the Thorn cult
30. Which Marvel actor made their feature film debut in this film?
Paul Rudd, who later went on to play Ant-Man made his feature film debut in this film.
Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
31. How many Michael Myers masks were used throughout the film?
For reasons unknown, on the Halloween: 25 years of terror DVD, John Carl Buechler and Greg Nicotero of KNB FX revealed that this movie uses 4 completely different masks throughout the movie. The first one from John Carl Buechler resembled the one from Halloween 6. However, the producers were not satisfied so they called in Greg Nicotero and had him make a new mask and filming resumed using it. Then again this masked was replaced by another one, at one point a CGI mask is also used. Watching the movie, it is fairly obvious to see that mask change throughout.
32. Chris Durand, who played Myers in this film, also portrayed which other iconic slasher icon?
Chris Durand did a lot of stunts as Ghostface in Scream 2.
33. Jamie Lee Curtis & director Steve Miner tried to get which act